Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday Tails

This past Sunday evening, we found out we were adding to our family...


...baby sheep that is!
Pa-paw called to let us know that one of his ewes had a set of quads that morning, and he was wondering if we would be willing to raise two of them at our house.  The kiddos were pretty excited when we woke them up from naps to head to Corydon to pick them up...
Pa-paw and Reba waiting as Aunt Lisa was getting the babies out of the truck
Aunt Lisa hold one of the lambs for Dallas to see
We put the babies in Fred's dog crate to bring them home
Introducing them to their new home (yes, they are living in our garage)
The kiddos telling them night-night
Dallas took an interest in helping right away
Yesterday, Reba finally decided it would be ok to help as well
I'm glad I have some good helpers - if only I could have them get up in the middle of the night...
We finally settled on names...

Introducing (Lightening) McQueen
and (Tow) Mater

Until next time...

3 comments:

The Claborn's said...

To cute... and funny! I really thought you were adding another to your family!!!! :-) Hope your all doing well!!

Carla said...

At least I was reading fast...so you didn't get me. I will be curious to see what Ciara thinks of them next week.

Marc and Chelsea said...

That is too cute! I remember getting to bottle feed lambs as a kid! You guys are building such great memories! Keep us posted with pictures of Lighting McQueen and Tow Mater!!!!